Think: Re-prioritize. Think: Simplify. Think: Slow down. Think: Focus.
Think: How Will You Spend This One Precious Life?
Top Ten Things I've Read Recently That Got Me Thinking
9. The things that matter most must never be at the mercy of the things that matter least. -Goethe
8. The cause of most of man's unhappiness is sacrificing what he wants most for what he wants now. -Gordon B. Hinckley
7. If your children grow up to become adults who "spend this one precious life in a spin of multitasking, stress, and achievement," would you be pleased? If not, if you want "much more for your kids, lives well spent in hard working and savoring all that is lovely, why are you living this manic way?" -Anne Lamott (aka: Your child will become who you are, so be who you want them to be. -Unknown)
6. She sat down before breakfast. Decided how to spend her day: Climb trees. Run fast. Sing at the top of her lungs. Do the dishes tomorrow. - Unknown
5. What do you consider a valuable use of your time? Does your daily agenda reflect this? -Rachel Macy Stafford
4. That was the day she made herself the promise to live more from intention and less from habit. -Unknown
3. If it makes you happy, if it makes you laugh, if it makes you feel powerful and brave and amazing, Do it! -Kara Fleck
2. The problem with our obsession with "busyness" is that we are afraid of failing. We're terrified we're going to miss out on something-- or worse, our children will miss out on something. We're afraid of not being good enough. In other words, we're so busy being busy because we're afraid of being imperfect. -Shawn Fink
1. One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon-- instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today. -Dale Carnegie
And, finally, a bonus one: You can do anything, but not everything. -David Allen
Until next time, go read something interesting, something that challenges your thinking, something that challenges you to do better...and try living your day with intention: do only the things you deem truly important.