Skip to main content

Danette May 30 Day Challenge-- My 2018 Reboot!


Hey friends! It's that time of year again! New year...New you!

Last year at this time I was gearing up to start my first Danette May 30 Day New You Challenge. I completed that, went on to join her Forever Fit program, and have stuck with her eating, workout, and meditation plans ever since. (If you want to read about my experiences from last year, you can click on Danette May's name in "Tagged Stuff" in the righthand column. Or start with this post here: https://mamamanagement.blogspot.com/2017/02/30-days-to-new-me-danette-mays-30-day.html)

Buuuuuuuut...

November and December were kind of crazy months with Nanowrimo and the holidays and some anxiety (insert dramatic eyeroll here) and, well, let's just say that I fell off the Danette May wagon (don't tell her). I almost completely stopped my workouts and meditations and I'd say I was eating on-plan about 60% of the time.

And my belly will tell you...not so good an idea.

So, here I am at the start of a new month and a new year and I'm full of sugar and gluten, lots of frommage and assorted nastiness, and I've allowed a couple of lbs to sneak back on. Ahem. And as we take down all the holiday decorations and clean up the house and hang up the new calendar (and write in the new, blank planner), starting fresh just seems to make sense. It feels like the perfect opportunity to recommit to health and wellbeing (along with all of my other resolutions...but that's another post).

*Starts Monday!
So, I am doing the 30 Day New You Challenge all over again! 

Starting Monday, January 8, 2018, right along with all the rest of the brand new 30 Day Challengers, I'm kicking things off!

Here I sit, on Saturday evening, enjoying a last hurrah of cheese and wine and chocolate and making a grocery list filled with things like lemons and limes, kale and spinach, cucumbers and avocados, frozen blueberries and mango, kefir and plain greek yogurt, quinoa and coconut milk... And though half of me is dreading the 3 day detox that will kick things off on Monday (because there is much to be detoxed!), the other half of me is SO EXCITED!

I'm excited to feel good and clear and energetic and light. I'm excited to feel lithe and centered and balanced. I'm excited to refocus on my body, mind, and spirit.

Plus, I just LOVE new beginnings.

But I'm really excited, because this time I know exactly what I'm getting into. I know what I'm going to be eating and drinking and how I'm going to be working out and meditating...and I know how I'm going to be feeling and the success I'm going to be having. I remember how awesome I felt last February and I have every intention of feeling that great again this February, and beyond. This year I'm not just taking a leap of faith. I know what this program delivers...what Danette May delivers. And it's so much more than weight loss.

Earlier today I listened to Danette May's most recent Mindset Monday (this video post she does to connect with folks in her program every Monday). Anyway, I was listening to her talk and I was just suddenly moved to share this info again. I know I've written about this before. And I'm so sorry if I'm annoying about it--I truly am. But I just really believe in what she's doing. The weight loss and health improvement is real, but what she does is so much more than that. This program is about finding you again. About finding your center and your strength, your power, again. It launches you on a journey of self discovery, or rediscovery. Maybe it's right for you, like it has been for me, maybe it's not. But there's only one way to find out.

*New year + Monday? Even better!
Wondering what it'll be like? Well, you can do it with me by joining Danette May's 30 Day New You Challenge. Then make your grocery list and hit the store, just like I'll be doing today.

And...

You can follow my experience with the 30 Day Challenge here at MamaManagement. I'm going to be posting about my experience this time, as the month goes by. And I'd love to hear from you about your experience, too. So scroll down and add your email on the right to follow me on the blog so you can hear about my progress...and the other changes and resolutions I have in store. (New year, new you, baby!) Later this week I'm going to start posting about all of that...I've got so many ideas...pages and pages of notes...I've been reading books, y'all, getting inspired and motivated and ready to take on the world...or at least the new year.

And, most certainly, the 30 Day New You Challenge.

Are you with me? Let's do this! You won't regret it.


* Sexy surfer butt not included.




Comments

Popular Posts

Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad…I am so in love!

Here's a great little summer dish. A perfect side for whatever you've thrown on the grill. A great dish to pass for that neighborhood BBQ. A lovely salad to just make up and leave in the fridge for easy lunches on a hot day. It's Ramen Noodle Salad. Now, I'm not sure this dish actually qualifies as clean eating, despite the word "salad" in it's name…what with the ramen noodles and the seasoning packet. But it is so seriously good that I could have eaten the ENTIRE giant bowl of it. Seriously. When I made it last week I could not stop eating it. It might actually be a little addictive. So, don't say I didn't warn you... Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad 2 pkg uncooked ramen noodles 2.5 oz sliced almonds (or just a big handful) 3/4 c. sunflower seeds 1/2 c. finely chopped onion (whatever kind you have) 1 bag broccoli slaw 2 ramen noodle seasoning packets 3/4 c. oil (use what you like; I used canola oil) 1/2 c. white vinegar 1/3 c. sugar

OMG Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken...So Good!

I made this chicken last weekend when we had family in visiting...this drives my husband nuts when I try out new recipes when we have guests...just because one little time dinner turned out awful! (Seriously, it was barely edible. Oops!) I say, this is the occasional price we pay for wonderful food exploration! And this Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken is a fantastic example of just that! It. Was. Delish.  So here you have it...tasty AND company-worthy! (My 4 year old loved it too...I mean, who doesn't love pretzels and honey mustard!) Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken   (from cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com) 4 c. hard sourdough pretzels, coarsely crushed 1/2 c. olive oil 1/2 c. Dijon mustard 1/3 c. honey 1/4 c. water 3 tbsp red wine vinegar (or other mild vinegar...I used white wine because it's what I had on hand) coarse salt and black pepper 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set wire rack (like oven-safe coo

30 Days to a New Me: Danette May's 30 Day New You Challenge Review

 A little more than 30 days ago I was in despair. If you read my last post, you already know that I found myself in a post holiday/start of a new year funk. And I knew that a big part of that funk had to do with how I was (or in this case, wasn't) taking care of myself. I had let the holiday season take over my life and my better judgment. I had given up good eating and exercise habits. I had stopped writing. I hadn't had a moment to myself. It was not good. But one part of where I was mentally, emotionally and physically wasn't just holiday backlash. It was part of a bigger problem. Since we moved to our current home over three years ago, I had gained weight. A lot of weight, for me. (As of January 1, I weighed the most I had ever weighed outside of pregnancy.) I had tried many, many times to lose that weight, as I was gaining it, over the last few years. I used the same methods I had always successfully used to lose/maintain weight or increase fitness--stepping