|A pic from shortly after the 30 Day Challenge|
In case you haven't read my other posts on this:
Eight months ago I pretty much dropped everything and decided to focus on my health (right on the heals of dropping everything for a month to focus on the holidays and everyone else...which wasn't super successful in the "make me happy" department). I began changing lots of things, but the biggest change I made at the time was joining Danette May's 30 Day New You Challenge. And in the eight months since then, so much more than weight loss has happened.
(Click here: https://mamamanagement.blogspot.com/2017/02/30-days-to-new-me-danette-mays-30-day.html to read more about my 30 Day New You Challenge experience.)
The photo above was taken shortly after I completed the 30 Day challenge. At that point, I think I'd lost about 10 lbs, but I was down a pant size (hence the new jeans) and was falling in love with my body again. I love this pic because I remember how I felt when I snapped it. I was beginning to feel like me again and I was so excited I took a pic to share with my Forever Fit friends. (Forever Fit is an on-going lifestyle group that Danette May put together for people like me-- people who started on the 30 Day Challenge and want to continue with the lifestyle. It gives you on-going access to clean recipes, meditations, workouts, and a support group.)
It hasn't always been the easiest road. It hasn't all gone seamlessly. There have been ups and downs. Things haven't always moved in a straight line from Point A to Point B. But there is So. Much. Goodness. There.
So, here's a quick recap of the journey of transformation...
- I have lost about 20 lbs and am back in the weight-range in which I spent much of my 20s and 30s. But the number isn't nearly as important as the feel. I FEEL like myself again. I FEEL like I'm living in my own body again. I recognize this body. But, interestingly enough, I am lovin' on it much more. When I last lived at this weight, I wanted to lose weight; I thought I was overweight; I didn't appreciate it. Now I appreciate it for what it truly is: healthy and happy. Me.
- I have all these amazing habits that are helping me feel better in a way that goes far beyond how my body looks. Yes, I look slimmer and more fit than I did 8 months ago. And, yes, my pants are a smaller size and my muscles are more defined. But the real gift is that I feel better physically and mentally thanks to the healthy habits I've formed.
- I meditate for 5-30 minutes every day.
- I exercise for at least 20 minutes every day.
- I eat a clean, healthy diet 90% of the time. (Yes, I sometimes eat and drink off plan.)
- I use all-natural supplements and foods to enhance my health and wellbeing.
- And the results of these new habits are amazing:
- I'm beginning to really change my self-talk. I'm becoming much kinder and gentler with myself.
- I'm developing greater patience (most of the time) with, and appreciate of, those around me.
- I have a healthier response to life's stressors-- I'm developing better coping mechanisms.
- I'm expanding my dreams. I feel more capable of going further than I thought I could. I'm stretching my goals and I feel more capable of actually living my dream life everyday.
- I'm taking real, actionable steps everyday to live a healthier, more natural life.
I didn't realize how big a change that would be-- I didn't realize how angry I'd become with my body and how much it needed to be loved again. I have Danette May to thank for helping me love my body again. That is no small thing for a woman in today's world, my friends. Think about it.
So, if you're interested in kick-starting your own health and well-being journey, Danette May is launching another 30 Day New You Challenge next week. It's how I got started and it was a real game-changer for me.
Here's the link to sign up for the 30 Day Challenge that starts September 18th:
If you're interested, but have questions, please ask me. And if you decide to do it, you can count on me for support along the way-- all you have to do is ask and I'll answer questions, give tips, and cheer you on. I'm not selling something here, folks. I just really, really believe in this program and this lifestyle.
Until next time, make at least one healthier choice for yourself every day-- choose to move your body, choose to meditate, choose to say kind words to yourself, choose the fruits and veggies-- and see how you feel.
In the words of Danette May-- No one ever finished a workout and said I wish I hadn't done that, and no one ever finished a healthy meal and said I wish I hadn't eaten that, I wish I'd eaten some junk instead.
One healthy decision at a time makes for a healthier you. Even baby steps are steps forward, my friends.
P.S. Want to know more about the eating plan, workouts, and meditations in the 30 Day Challenge? Click here: https://mamamanagement.blogspot.com/2017/02/a-typical-clean-eating-food-day-danette.html to learn about eating, and here: https://mamamanagement.blogspot.com/2017/02/the-difference-in-danette-mays-workouts.html to learn about the workouts, and here: https://mamamanagement.blogspot.com/2017/02/meditations-and-affirmations-with.html to learn about the meditations and affirmations in Danette May's program.)