Skip to main content

The Difference in Danette May's Workouts (and Why They Work So Well For Me)

What do I love about Danette May's workouts for the 30 Day New You Challenge and Forever Fit Programs?

Here's the short version:
- They are fast.
- They are easy to do every day.
- They are effective.
- They are positive and uplifting.
- They make me feel good.

Before I break it down in a little more detail for you, you might be wondering what her workouts are like. Well, I'll tell you this...they keep you on your toes! Each workout is different. Some are very pilates-focused and some are more burpee-bootcamp. Some feel gentle and all about peace. And others leave you lying on the floor sweaty and panting for breath. It's a little bit of everything. Each workout is defined by a mantra (think: I am strong or I can do hard things or I am peace), which I love. Some of them are 18 minutes straight through, but many of them consist of a 6-8 minute workout set that you repeat three times. And each day, each week, she keeps you mixing it all up. And I can tell you, this has been great for my body.

Now, let's revisit what I love most about these workouts.

I love Danette's workouts because they are fast. 15-20 minutes and I'm done. I LOVE THAT! As my dad would say: You can do anything for 20 minutes. Even if it's really hard (and some of them are), it's only 20 minutes. And I'm not joking when I say-- they go by really fast. Seriously. They do.

Next! Because the workouts take 20 minutes or less, I have no problem getting them in every day. Just 20 minutes. That means you can get up just 20 minutes earlier than normal and squeeze it in. That means that even when you've had a super crazy day and you finally get the kids to bed, you can still fit in a quick workout before you collapse on the couch for a little zone-out time. You can always find a way to work it in. I know this because I have done it for 45 days straight. I have not missed a Danette workout since I started this program-- despite busy days, despite being sick for a week, despite my husband traveling for work...despite, well, life. I always get it in. And you can too. Because it's only 20 minutes!

And these suckers are effective. Turns out you don't need to spend 40-60 minutes working out to see results. Even with only 20 minutes, I still end up sore the next day after a new workout. I still end up huffing and puffing by the third set. And I'm still seeing the results. Things are trimmer, firmer, more tone. My clothes lay better on my body. It's a good thing.

The next reason on my list is the thing I think I love the best about her workouts: They are positive and uplifting. Though there is a little, there is far less of this: "Keep doing those squats so your butt will looks good in your jeans" or "Give me ten more seconds in that plank if you want your abs ready for that bikini." And there is a lot more of this: "Send love to your body," and "Our mantra today is I am strong," and "Tap those ab muscles and tell them to wake up and work for you."

This is important to me for two reasons.

1) Me. I've had enough of being told that I need to be skinny, that I need to be sexy, that I need to live up to some social standard of beauty. At 42 years old, I've had enough of it. Stop it. Turn it off. No more. I want to be strong. I want to be healthy. I want to feel good in my skin. I want my body to feel good. I want to be a good role model for my kids. I do not want to look hot in a bikini. Seriously. That's not what I care about anymore and I don't want to pollute my psyche with that kind of talk.

2) My daughter. I hate nothing more than having my 8 year old daughter walk in while I'm working out and hear the workout instructor on my dvd telling me to work harder so I can fit into my jeans or wear a bikini or look sexy for my man. Ugh! I am doing everything in my power to counteract the soon-to-come inundation of social pressure and body shaming for my girl. I want her to know that I work out to keep my body healthy and strong and to take care of myself, mentally and physically. I do not want her internalizing the message that we workout to be skinny or sexy for men. Danette's workouts are far more focused on positive messages than negative. I feel they are uplifting, so I don't mind my daughter hearing what Danette has to say. It's about self care and self love and nothing more.

And lastly, I just like the way these workouts make me feel. I feel good when I'm done. I feel healthy and I feel good about myself. And those are some really good feelings, my friend. They just are.

So there you have it. A little more in-depth look at Danette May's workouts and why I love them.

If you haven't already read my post about my experience with Danette May's 30 Day New You Challenge, you can read that here: http://mamamanagement.blogspot.com/2017/02/30-days-to-new-me-danette-mays-30-day.html.

If you'd like to learn more about what you'll be eating on the 30 Day New You Challenge, you can read my post on that here: http://mamamanagement.blogspot.com/2017/02/a-typical-clean-eating-food-day-danette.html.

If you're interested in signing up for the next 30 Day Challenge (which starts March 6), click here to learn more about the program and sign up: http://59894eyms6z7rh6pp2w509aobx.hop.clickbank.net/?pid=265&tid=amylorbach2017. (12/27/17 Update: New Link! Click Here to sign up for the next 30 Day Challenge: http://mbsy.co/l3l9M) (3/28/19 Update: Danette May is in the process of changing her referral program so this link no longer works. I'll update it when a new program is implemented. Until then, just go to her website. Thanks.)

Until next time, keep moving your body and sending it love.

Namaste.



Comments

Popular Posts

Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad…I am so in love!

Here's a great little summer dish. A perfect side for whatever you've thrown on the grill. A great dish to pass for that neighborhood BBQ. A lovely salad to just make up and leave in the fridge for easy lunches on a hot day. It's Ramen Noodle Salad. Now, I'm not sure this dish actually qualifies as clean eating, despite the word "salad" in it's name…what with the ramen noodles and the seasoning packet. But it is so seriously good that I could have eaten the ENTIRE giant bowl of it. Seriously. When I made it last week I could not stop eating it. It might actually be a little addictive. So, don't say I didn't warn you... Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad 2 pkg uncooked ramen noodles 2.5 oz sliced almonds (or just a big handful) 3/4 c. sunflower seeds 1/2 c. finely chopped onion (whatever kind you have) 1 bag broccoli slaw 2 ramen noodle seasoning packets 3/4 c. oil (use what you like; I used canola oil) 1/2 c. white vinegar 1/3 c. sugar

OMG Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken...So Good!

I made this chicken last weekend when we had family in visiting...this drives my husband nuts when I try out new recipes when we have guests...just because one little time dinner turned out awful! (Seriously, it was barely edible. Oops!) I say, this is the occasional price we pay for wonderful food exploration! And this Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken is a fantastic example of just that! It. Was. Delish.  So here you have it...tasty AND company-worthy! (My 4 year old loved it too...I mean, who doesn't love pretzels and honey mustard!) Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken   (from cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com) 4 c. hard sourdough pretzels, coarsely crushed 1/2 c. olive oil 1/2 c. Dijon mustard 1/3 c. honey 1/4 c. water 3 tbsp red wine vinegar (or other mild vinegar...I used white wine because it's what I had on hand) coarse salt and black pepper 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set wire rack (like oven-safe coo

30 Days to a New Me: Danette May's 30 Day New You Challenge Review

 A little more than 30 days ago I was in despair. If you read my last post, you already know that I found myself in a post holiday/start of a new year funk. And I knew that a big part of that funk had to do with how I was (or in this case, wasn't) taking care of myself. I had let the holiday season take over my life and my better judgment. I had given up good eating and exercise habits. I had stopped writing. I hadn't had a moment to myself. It was not good. But one part of where I was mentally, emotionally and physically wasn't just holiday backlash. It was part of a bigger problem. Since we moved to our current home over three years ago, I had gained weight. A lot of weight, for me. (As of January 1, I weighed the most I had ever weighed outside of pregnancy.) I had tried many, many times to lose that weight, as I was gaining it, over the last few years. I used the same methods I had always successfully used to lose/maintain weight or increase fitness--stepping