Skip to main content

2015 Goals: My Reading List for 2015


Hello friends! As I mentioned in my new year's resolutions post last week, I've decided to create a reading list for this year. I want to read at least 12 Young Adult/Middle Grade novels, and I want to read at least 15 of the books off of my To Read bookcase in my bedroom (books that I've bought or been given (or won in a charity auction) but haven't gotten around to reading for whatever reason).

So, last night after a 100 page reading marathon to finish Champion by Marie Lu, I stood in front of my bookcase and made a list. Then I went on my Goodreads To Read list and chose 12 YA/MG books and added those to my list. I now have a rather long list...but it's a wonderful guide for 2015.

So I thought I'd share my list with you. Maybe there's something here you'd like to read. Let me know if you've read any of these books (and what you thought of them). And let me know if you have any books that you think should be on my reading list for this year. This is only 27 books. I typically read more than that in a year, so I purposely left room to add other books that I discover or people tell me about. I love a good book recommendation!! And I'll let you know throughout the year when I read a particularly good one.

So here you go, my reading list for 2015...

Amy's YA/MG Reading List*
From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg
Lulu Walks the Dogs by Judith Viorst
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
Independent Study: The Testing Book 2 by Joelle Charbonneau
Unwind by Neal Shusterman
Wonder by RJ Palacio
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
The Selection by Kiera Cass
Counting By 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan
Graceling by Kristin Cashore
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
A Snicker of Magic by Natalie Lloyd
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel

Amy's "From My Bookcase" Reading List
Non Fiction
On Writing by Stephen King
It's Ok Not To Share by Heather Shucker
The Artist's Way for Parents by Julia Cameron
Wonderbook by Jeff VanderMeer
Page After Page by Heather Sellers

Fiction 
Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
The Red Tent by Anita Diamond (rereading)
Nights of Rain and Stars, and Scarlet Feather, both by Maeve Binchy
The Women by TC Boyle
Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
The Hostage (The Chicago Fire Trilogy, book 1) by Susan Wiggs
The Typewriter Girl by Alison Atlee
The Book Lover by Maryann McFadden
The Girl You Left Behind by JoJo Moyes
Before You Know Kindness by Chris Bohjalian

A Few Other Titles That I'd Like To Get To...
The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Signature of All Things By Elizabeth Gilbert
Landline by Rainbow Rowell

That's it!! I can't wait to get started on it tonight. I'm starting with Maeve Binchy...and old favorite who's books I haven't read in a long, long time.

Until next time, happy reading!!


* I know there are 14 books on the YA/MG list. But at least two of those books are super short, so I thought I should have a couple of extras. :-)


Comments

Popular Posts

Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad…I am so in love!

Here's a great little summer dish. A perfect side for whatever you've thrown on the grill. A great dish to pass for that neighborhood BBQ. A lovely salad to just make up and leave in the fridge for easy lunches on a hot day. It's Ramen Noodle Salad. Now, I'm not sure this dish actually qualifies as clean eating, despite the word "salad" in it's name…what with the ramen noodles and the seasoning packet. But it is so seriously good that I could have eaten the ENTIRE giant bowl of it. Seriously. When I made it last week I could not stop eating it. It might actually be a little addictive. So, don't say I didn't warn you... Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad 2 pkg uncooked ramen noodles 2.5 oz sliced almonds (or just a big handful) 3/4 c. sunflower seeds 1/2 c. finely chopped onion (whatever kind you have) 1 bag broccoli slaw 2 ramen noodle seasoning packets 3/4 c. oil (use what you like; I used canola oil) 1/2 c. white vinegar 1/3 c. sugar

OMG Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken...So Good!

I made this chicken last weekend when we had family in visiting...this drives my husband nuts when I try out new recipes when we have guests...just because one little time dinner turned out awful! (Seriously, it was barely edible. Oops!) I say, this is the occasional price we pay for wonderful food exploration! And this Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken is a fantastic example of just that! It. Was. Delish.  So here you have it...tasty AND company-worthy! (My 4 year old loved it too...I mean, who doesn't love pretzels and honey mustard!) Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken   (from cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com) 4 c. hard sourdough pretzels, coarsely crushed 1/2 c. olive oil 1/2 c. Dijon mustard 1/3 c. honey 1/4 c. water 3 tbsp red wine vinegar (or other mild vinegar...I used white wine because it's what I had on hand) coarse salt and black pepper 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set wire rack (like oven-safe coo

30 Days to a New Me: Danette May's 30 Day New You Challenge Review

 A little more than 30 days ago I was in despair. If you read my last post, you already know that I found myself in a post holiday/start of a new year funk. And I knew that a big part of that funk had to do with how I was (or in this case, wasn't) taking care of myself. I had let the holiday season take over my life and my better judgment. I had given up good eating and exercise habits. I had stopped writing. I hadn't had a moment to myself. It was not good. But one part of where I was mentally, emotionally and physically wasn't just holiday backlash. It was part of a bigger problem. Since we moved to our current home over three years ago, I had gained weight. A lot of weight, for me. (As of January 1, I weighed the most I had ever weighed outside of pregnancy.) I had tried many, many times to lose that weight, as I was gaining it, over the last few years. I used the same methods I had always successfully used to lose/maintain weight or increase fitness--stepping