|Stop and Smell the Flowers.|
It's Top Ten Tuesday! I know, I know, it's exciting. While you try to calm down, I'll tell you where we're headed with this week's top ten list...
My husband and I have been talking more and more about what our real priorities are and how we want to spend our time together as a family. We are both in a place of recognizing how fast time is going and how soon our kids will no longer really want to hang out with us. (We're going to blink and they won't even live in our house any more!) Right now we are their world. But that's not going to last. So maybe we ought to be taking better advantage of it. Maybe all of those urgent things on our to-do lists aren't all that important. Maybe playing IS important. Maybe making memories IS important. Maybe slowing down and not acting (or feeling or being) SO busy all the time IS important.
In the spirit of these notions, here is my list of the Top Ten Rules for a Happy Family Life. If we can stick to these I think we'll all be happier...
Top Ten Rules For A Happy Family Life
9. Slow down. (Seriously, you don't have to be THAT busy. You just don't. Slow. the frick. down.)
8. Eat together. (Every meal you can, sit down at the table together and talk to each other.)
7. Say yes. (To as many things you can. Be a Yes Man. We say no waaaaaaay too much.)
6. Allow mistakes. (Nobody's perfect. Not even you. Let it go. And don't make them (or yourself) feel bad about it.)
5. Go outside. (Every. Day.)
4. Play. (As much as you possibly can. Every day. Play. Play. Play.)
3. Sleep. (As much as you can. Every night. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep.)
2. Be flexible. (It really isn't your way or the highway. Allow some space for different ways of doing things. Honor the spirit of who they are and how they roll. And be patient.)
1. Show gratitude. (All the time. Say thank you. Feel gratitude in your soul and show it to the world.)
Until next time, go be happy...with your family!