Skip to main content

Top Ten Crafty Pinterest Projects I Want To Do For Me

Top Ten Tuesday again? So soon? Dang, those weeks go by fast. Crazy.

So, I have an ulterior motive for this week's top ten post. I figure that if I actually put out there, on display, my top ten crafty Pinterest projects, maybe it will actually light a fire under my ample ass to ACTUALLY DO THEM! Imagine that. Actually doing some of the cool things we see on Pinterest! Well, the time has come. And what better time than amidst the rebirth of Spring to creatively blossom all over the dang place.

You'll also notice that the title says "I Want To Do For Me." That wasn't by accident. I'm not talking about getting crafty for the kids. I'm not talking about new recipes for the family or a school function or a party. I'm not talking about gift ideas for others. I'm talking about gettin' my craft on Just. For. Me. These are projects that I want to do. These are projects for ME. (I know. Gasp.)

So, here we go...it's about to get all Pinteresty up in here!

Top Ten Crafty Pinterest Projects I Want To Do For Me
10. Refinishing our craft room table to something cool like this (from storiesofahouse.com):


9. Cool tags made from old book pages (no attribution):


8. Photograph and upload pictures of my kids' artwork and create a book or poster of the prints. I plan to do mine with Artkive or the like. This photo shows a DIY version (from littlemothdesign.blogspot.com):


7. Start a Smash Book. There are so many examples and tutorials out there. (this one's from craftsunleashed.com):


6. Make a T'Shirt Quilt. I don't know if this is realistic since I don't know how to sew. But I would love to take all those old t'shirts that have sentimental value but just take up space in the closet and make one of these. (from easytquilt.blogspot.com):


5. A DIY sharpie-decorated mug. There are tons of examples of these all over Pinterest. I like this one...but there are lots of others I like too. (from goodandmessy.com):


4. Turn my Grandma's Recipes into kitchen towels. So cool. Especially if I can do it in her own handwriting. (from spoon flower.com):


3. I really want to get off my butt and make family yearbooks. I love this idea. I've seen many examples. (this one is from eighteen25.blogspot.com):


2. I would love to create some books for my kids the "Mo Willems Way". I have one idea in particular to try. (from theartannex.com):


1. The Button Lamp Shade (no attribution): I have everything I need, I just need to do it!:


And, honorable mention: I happen to have one shipping pallet in my possession that I want to do something crafty with, but I'm not sure what yet. This is one idea: picture ledges. (from thestoriesofa2z.com):


Or maybe a planter (from lifeonthebalcony.com):



If you'd like to see other cool things on my list, you can check out my Gettin' Crafty pinboard here: http://www.pinterest.com/amylorbach/gettin-crafty/. Or just start following me on Pinterest...there's a button over there ------> to do just that. :-)

Until next time, go get crafty with your bad self!


Comments

Popular Posts

Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad…I am so in love!

Here's a great little summer dish. A perfect side for whatever you've thrown on the grill. A great dish to pass for that neighborhood BBQ. A lovely salad to just make up and leave in the fridge for easy lunches on a hot day. It's Ramen Noodle Salad. Now, I'm not sure this dish actually qualifies as clean eating, despite the word "salad" in it's name…what with the ramen noodles and the seasoning packet. But it is so seriously good that I could have eaten the ENTIRE giant bowl of it. Seriously. When I made it last week I could not stop eating it. It might actually be a little addictive. So, don't say I didn't warn you... Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad 2 pkg uncooked ramen noodles 2.5 oz sliced almonds (or just a big handful) 3/4 c. sunflower seeds 1/2 c. finely chopped onion (whatever kind you have) 1 bag broccoli slaw 2 ramen noodle seasoning packets 3/4 c. oil (use what you like; I used canola oil) 1/2 c. white vinegar 1/3 c. sugar

OMG Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken...So Good!

I made this chicken last weekend when we had family in visiting...this drives my husband nuts when I try out new recipes when we have guests...just because one little time dinner turned out awful! (Seriously, it was barely edible. Oops!) I say, this is the occasional price we pay for wonderful food exploration! And this Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken is a fantastic example of just that! It. Was. Delish.  So here you have it...tasty AND company-worthy! (My 4 year old loved it too...I mean, who doesn't love pretzels and honey mustard!) Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken   (from cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com) 4 c. hard sourdough pretzels, coarsely crushed 1/2 c. olive oil 1/2 c. Dijon mustard 1/3 c. honey 1/4 c. water 3 tbsp red wine vinegar (or other mild vinegar...I used white wine because it's what I had on hand) coarse salt and black pepper 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set wire rack (like oven-safe coo

30 Days to a New Me: Danette May's 30 Day New You Challenge Review

 A little more than 30 days ago I was in despair. If you read my last post, you already know that I found myself in a post holiday/start of a new year funk. And I knew that a big part of that funk had to do with how I was (or in this case, wasn't) taking care of myself. I had let the holiday season take over my life and my better judgment. I had given up good eating and exercise habits. I had stopped writing. I hadn't had a moment to myself. It was not good. But one part of where I was mentally, emotionally and physically wasn't just holiday backlash. It was part of a bigger problem. Since we moved to our current home over three years ago, I had gained weight. A lot of weight, for me. (As of January 1, I weighed the most I had ever weighed outside of pregnancy.) I had tried many, many times to lose that weight, as I was gaining it, over the last few years. I used the same methods I had always successfully used to lose/maintain weight or increase fitness--stepping