Skip to main content

Amazing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip (or Oatmeal Raisin) Cookies


These are divine. Truly. Crispy on the outside. Chewy on the inside. Just under-bake them a tad and they set to perfection. Delish! I will say, they are more like a chocolate chip cookie with oatmeal in them than a traditional oatmeal cookie. Which is good for us since my husband isn't a huge oatmeal cookie fan. And, by the way, if you're like me and tend to swipe the dough a few times while you're baking...this dough is the bomb-diggety!

So, here you go...you can thank me later.

Amazing Oatmeal Chocolate Chip (or Oatmeal Raisin) Cookies

1 c. butter, room temperature
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 c. flour
2 3/4 c. old fashioned or steel cut oats
2 c. chocolate chips (or 2 c. raisins or craisins; or 1 c. choc chips + 1 c. chopped walnuts; or 1 c. choc chips + 1 c. shredded coconut; or, really, whatever tickles your fancy)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown and white sugars with hand mixer (or use your stand mixer). Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix well. Add flour 1 c. at a time, mixing between additions. Then add oats a little at a time, stirring to combine. And finally, fold in the chocolate chips...or whatever mix-in's you're using. (Note: I switched from hand mixer to wooden spoon when I started mixing in the oats and chocolate chips.) I divided my dough into two bowls after mixing in the oats, then added chocolate chips to one bowl and a mixture of raisins and craisins to the other bowl. Use a tablespoon to scoop dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Do Not Over-Bake! I recommend removing them when you think they are almost, but not quite, done. Once they set-up they will be perfect.


Until next time, happy baking...and eating!


adapted from a recipe from www.thebakerupstairs.com...who adapted it from Mel's Kitchen Cafe :-) 



Comments

Popular Posts

Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad…I am so in love!

Here's a great little summer dish. A perfect side for whatever you've thrown on the grill. A great dish to pass for that neighborhood BBQ. A lovely salad to just make up and leave in the fridge for easy lunches on a hot day. It's Ramen Noodle Salad. Now, I'm not sure this dish actually qualifies as clean eating, despite the word "salad" in it's name…what with the ramen noodles and the seasoning packet. But it is so seriously good that I could have eaten the ENTIRE giant bowl of it. Seriously. When I made it last week I could not stop eating it. It might actually be a little addictive. So, don't say I didn't warn you... Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad 2 pkg uncooked ramen noodles 2.5 oz sliced almonds (or just a big handful) 3/4 c. sunflower seeds 1/2 c. finely chopped onion (whatever kind you have) 1 bag broccoli slaw 2 ramen noodle seasoning packets 3/4 c. oil (use what you like; I used canola oil) 1/2 c. white vinegar 1/3 c. sugar

OMG Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken...So Good!

I made this chicken last weekend when we had family in visiting...this drives my husband nuts when I try out new recipes when we have guests...just because one little time dinner turned out awful! (Seriously, it was barely edible. Oops!) I say, this is the occasional price we pay for wonderful food exploration! And this Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken is a fantastic example of just that! It. Was. Delish.  So here you have it...tasty AND company-worthy! (My 4 year old loved it too...I mean, who doesn't love pretzels and honey mustard!) Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken   (from cinnamonspiceandeverythingnice.com) 4 c. hard sourdough pretzels, coarsely crushed 1/2 c. olive oil 1/2 c. Dijon mustard 1/3 c. honey 1/4 c. water 3 tbsp red wine vinegar (or other mild vinegar...I used white wine because it's what I had on hand) coarse salt and black pepper 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set wire rack (like oven-safe coo

30 Days to a New Me: Danette May's 30 Day New You Challenge Review

 A little more than 30 days ago I was in despair. If you read my last post, you already know that I found myself in a post holiday/start of a new year funk. And I knew that a big part of that funk had to do with how I was (or in this case, wasn't) taking care of myself. I had let the holiday season take over my life and my better judgment. I had given up good eating and exercise habits. I had stopped writing. I hadn't had a moment to myself. It was not good. But one part of where I was mentally, emotionally and physically wasn't just holiday backlash. It was part of a bigger problem. Since we moved to our current home over three years ago, I had gained weight. A lot of weight, for me. (As of January 1, I weighed the most I had ever weighed outside of pregnancy.) I had tried many, many times to lose that weight, as I was gaining it, over the last few years. I used the same methods I had always successfully used to lose/maintain weight or increase fitness--stepping